Washing the leftovers after dinner will require a waste unit such as garbage disposal in the house to drain it rightly, isn’t it?
As this tool does a great job to clear wastes, a lot of people get interested to use it in their home kitchen but need a perfect picture for the layout plan. And this gets harder to design if your house has a dual kitchen sink.
The double kitchen sink with garbage disposal plumbing diagram will help a lot to give an easy idea of how you exactly align the water and waste line in the right way.
So, before you hire an expert to install the garbage disposal or do it yourself, be sure to learn the plumbing layout plan. Stay with us for the next couple of minutes as we’ll explain everything in the easy figure. What Are You Waiting For? Ready!
All About Double Kitchen Sink with Garbage Disposal Plumbing Diagram
You’re probably prepared for the proper garbage disposal plumbing setup once the concept of its layout plan is clear. The diagram of a 2-in-one kitchen sink with garbage disposal water and waste supply line through plumbing will be useful for that.
According to Wikipedia,
A garbage disposal unit (also known as a waste disposal unit, garbage disposer, garburator etc.) is a device, usually electrically powered, installed under a kitchen sink between the sink’s drain and the trap. The disposal unit shreds food waste into pieces small enough—generally less than 2 mm (0.079 in) in diameter—to pass through plumbing.
As the main reason to see the diagram is because of the garbage disposal double sink plumbing ideas, so we suggest you note down a few things that are needed for installation.
- The dishwasher and garbage disposal line should be connected to a single drain pipe if you want to save bills and costs.
- The plumbing for double sink with garbage disposal and dishwasher should have both hot and cold water supply lines.
- The AAV aka Air Admitted Valve should be at least 10 cm above the trap sanitary tee.
- Use Teflon tape on each pipe connection to ensure no leakage.
- The connection tailpipe should be in the upright and high loop position before going down to the dishwasher.
These are a few things you need to consider for a safe layout plan for the double sink with a waste disposal unit in your kitchen. Along with that, you also need to learn which part fits where.
So, before you scratch your head and ask what are these pipes or anything related to this, read down below to get all the answers:
- Double Kitchen Sink: It is a water supply fixture for plumbing that people use for dishwashing, washing plates, glasses, and other stuff. The kitchen sink pipes usually have both male and female pipelines to ensure good joint and leak-feel connection to the disposal point.
- Garbage Disposer: It is a tool that fits right under the sink to ensure food goes to the wasted unit.
- AAV: The Air Admitted Valve is a device that helps the draining process faster by stopping sewer gases to enter.
- Trap Pipe: Quite similar to the letter ‘J’ or ‘P’, it is a simple pipe that prevents waste to come in.
- Strainer & Strainer Tailpipes: These are metal connectors that filter out filthy water.
- Sanitary Tee: It is a plumbing fixture that is used to sewer and vents the whole disposal system.
- Dishwasher Connection Tailpipe & Hose: These are fixtures that shift the water supply line to the dishwasher.
- Continuous Waste Pipe (Horizontal): This plumbing fixture is to divert waste into the garbage disposal.
- Drain Pipe: It is a waste supply line that pumps the water to transfer dirty water to the clean out.
- Clean Out: To prevent clog and dirt, the clean out is a pipe with a cap that lets you see through the sewer easily.
A Helpful Tutorial You May Need!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What pipes are under the kitchen sink?
The pipe that is under the kitchen sink is a P-trap that has 2 parts to ensure an easy joint that helps waste and water to pass quickly. And, you may need strainer and tailpipe of that to get fine water supply.
How do you fix a slow draining kitchen sink with a garbage disposal?
Most of the time clog is the only reason why the slow draining problem occurs on the kitchen sink with the garbage disposal. So, if your kitchen sink clogged both sides, then start by unplugging the garbage disposal after turning it off.
Next, throw some liquid solution or cleaner that has at least 1/4 cup baking soda or maybe half cup of vinegar to ensure easy unclogging. If you don’t have that kind of solution, then grab them from the kitchen to make the solution.
After that, turn on the water supply to soak that. Repeat the same thing 2 times and then wash it off to solve the unclog issue.
What size is kitchen sink drain pipe?
The kitchen sinks drain pipe has different sizes of pipelines. Most of them have 3.5 inches of drain pipes that fit 1.25 inches of tailpipes that are traditional ones. However, in modern days, the drain pipes have 1.5 inches outlet to fit into the pipes.
Still, finding it hard to make a layout plan after reading the double kitchen sink with garbage disposal plumbing diagram? Hope not. In this guide, we have tried our best to give you an easy-to-understand portrait along with some details about that.
One thing you should keep in mind is that try to put the garbage disposal in the closet sink line where you have plumbed the dishwasher. This way you can save the amount of plumbing and cost of maintenance.
Hope you find this guide helpful and detailed to learn the right layout plan of dual kitchen sink with garbage disposal plumbing. Now, Time Is Running Away. See You On Our Next Article. Bye Bye!
You Can Also Read: