You use the Delta shower system in your bathroom, and suddenly your Delta shower head pause button is not working? This is a problem that can give you a headache during shower time. And the best solution for this problem is to change it or replace it.
Delta provides several shower systems with a pause button to control water flow by pressing a button. This is a helpful feature for having a comfortable and efficient shower. Sometimes there could be a chance of that button malfunctioning.
Sowe will to talk about the solution to this problem.
Delta Shower Head Pause Button Not Working
It is a rare case if your delta shower head pause button is stuck.
The possible reasons and the solutions are:
|Faulty product||Contact Delta manufacturers|
|Dropped from hand which broke the mechanism||Replace the showerhead with a new one|
|Jammed from inside||Replace the shower head|
Let’s jump into the fixes for the pause button not working issue.
If you see your new Delta shower head stuck on pause while using it. Then it is a faulty product. Contact Delta to get the solution. They will send you a new one to replace it.
Broken or Jammed from Inside
Usually, Delta gives a lifetime warranty of their products. But, In these cases you may have to buy a new one. I don’t think Delta will provide you with a free showerhead because the damage is done by yourself.
Just buy a new showerhead and replace it.
Delta Handheld Shower Head Replacement
The replacement system for Delta Faucet 5 spray, Delta 2 in 1 dual hand and Delta 7 spray handheld shower and Delta IN2ITION are the same.
Because they all have the pause button system on the handheld shower head.
Now check the procedure to replace the handheld shower head in the proper way
- First of all, you need to open the malfunctioned shower head. In order to do that, grab the shower head and give it an anti-clockwise rotation.
- After rotating for some time the shower head will 0be disconnected from the hose pipe
- Now, grab the new shower head and give it a check.
- You don’t need to put teflon or plumber tape on the threads of the showerhead because there is a trinket on the hose which doesn’t let the water leak.
- Connect the hose with the shower head by giving a clockwise rotation. A mild tightening will do.
- Connect the other part of the hose with the hole below the main shower head by the same kind of rotation.
- There it is. Your new handheld shower head is installed.
- Do not use any kind of plumber tool in opening or connecting the shower head. Hand tightening is enough.
- The joints are made of plastic. So mild tightening is enough. Otherwise, there will be a chance of breaking it.
Delta Shower Head Button Stuck (Main Showerhead)
In Delta 52668-BL, the pause button is on the main shower head.
If the button of your main showerhead stucks, then the solution is to replace it.
Let me enlighten you with the procedure for this kind of replacement also
- Unpack your new showerhead and check it for any kind of damage.
- Now, disconnect the malfunctioned shower head by giving it an anti-clockwise rotation.
- Remove the plumber tape from the water pipe with which the shower head was connected.
- Now, grab a new tape and wrap it on the pipe. It will stop the pipe from leaking.
- Grab the new shower head and attach it with the pipe by rotating in a clockwise direction. Use your hand.
- Give it a mild tightening. Don’t pressure much.
- Your work is done. Enjoy your new shower system.
So, if your Delta shower head pause button is not working, you can follow our article to get the solutions.
We also added some more information in case, you have any other problems with your Delta shower head.
Always remember to use your shower heads in a gentle way. It will give you a long-lasting service. It is a pain to change the shower heads. And also keep the nozzles of the shower head clean to get a nice flow of water.
This shower head has a system to conserve water. So considering that factor, use that button to pause the water flow when you don’t need water during shower time. You will be doing a favor to mankind.
After using the handheld shower separately, dock it in the main showerhead gently to avoid any kind of malfunction. Stay happy, stay clean.
Delta Shower Head Series W/O Button
Not all Delta shower head faucet comes with a pause button. Some of the delta shower systems have a button by which you can change or minimize the water flow.
- Delta faucet 5 spray
- Delta 2 in 1 dual hand
- Delta 52668-BL
- Delta IN2ITION
These shower systems have 5 categories of water flow without Delta IN2ITION. It has only 4.
The water flow categories are:
- H2Okinetic spray (Not available in Delta IN2ITION)
- Full body spray
- Drenching rain spray or massage spray
- Shampoo rinsing spray
There is also a handheld shower head by Delta, which has 7 kinds of water flow systems.
A button controls most of the water flowing systems here in some Delta faucets. And make sure to keep it under care to avoid interruptions in your shower comfort.
This Video Will Help You Too!
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
What does pause mean on a shower head?
The pause on the shower head means to stop the water flow or sometimes minimize the water flow (dripping). It is used to reduce water waste.
How do you pause the Delta IN2ITION shower head?
There is a button on the Delta IN2ITION shower head. You need to press the button three or four times to pause. Depends on the model you are using.
Do all Delta showerheads have flow restrictors?
Yeah, They all have flow restrictors. But if the owner wants, he/she can remove it.
You Can Also Read: