Why is the delta shower head not working? It can occur for clogged head of shower holes. We know how annoying it feels when a shower head does not work properly. Water leakage problem especially creates extra hassle. Don’t worry because we can definitely help you to fix it.
It seems to be difficult to fix a showerhead, but it isn’t. By searching for all the common issues, we have gathered easy solutions for you.
Read the whole article with full attention to identify your issue and fix it accordingly.
Delta Shower Head Not Working
We have made a small table for you. It will help you to get an idea about the possible reasons why your shower head is not working properly.
|Short Solution Name
|Clogged Shower Head
|Worn Out Rubber Washer
|Diverter Valve Clogged
|Need cleaning or replacement
|Other Valve Issue
It’s not difficult to fix these four issues without professional help at home. First, identify the problem before starting the work. We have described the four issues with their solution. Just follow them properly.
Clogged Shower Head
A clogged shower head is the common reason why the delta shower head stopped working. Minerals from water can create a clog in the shower head. Water leakage can create water wastage while working.
To solve this-
- Firstly, you need to switch off the main water supply from shower head.
- Unscrew the shower faceplate for separating the shower head. Generally, in some versions of Delta shower heads need unscrewing. But the other versions need a twist and gently pull to take out the faceplate.
- After that take out the clogged shower head to clean it.
- Vinegar works as the best cleaning agent for clogged shower heads. Take a big container and emerge shower head into normal vinegar for at least 8 to 10 hours. Sometimes the debris is stronger. Even vinegar doesn’t totally work on them.
- To remove the remaining debris, use a thin pin or toothpick.
- After deep cleaning, the shower head put everything back together.
- Switch on the water valve and see if the leakage is fixed or not.
Worn Out Rubber Washer
Usually, it is seen the main cause of leakage is due to a damaged rubber washer. Damage in rubber washers is common, and it mainly requires replacement. After removing the shower faceplate, rubber washer can be found.
Rubber washers can be purchased from any hardware store near you. But make sure the rubber washer is from a genuine Delta brand.
If your delta shower head button not working, replace the whole head. Delta gives free parts if it has a malfunction issue.
Diverter Valve Clogged
Minerals from water can clog up the diverter valve. After cleaning the diverter valve, water should leak out of the Delta shower head. If your delta shower head stopped working it might have happened because of a damaged diverter valve.
Immediately change it with a new one. Diverter valve changing is a bit too critical to try at home. So try to hire a professional for it.
Other Valve Issue
If your delta in2ition shower head not working after all three above stated possible reasons. Without a doubt, there is a shower valve issue in your shower.
- Normally there are two types of water tap, one for hot water and one for cold. Touch the leaking water and identify the water tab with the issue. Immediately, switch off the water valve after finding the problematic valve.
- Unscrew the tap using an Allen wrench.
- Check up the o-ring and rubber washer first. If they seem damaged, replace them with a new one.
- Then remove the ball-shaped pin gently and open up the spring sets. Spring helps in controlling the flow of water. Place a new spring set in the valve like the old one was placed.
- After that, assemble everything tightly and turn on the water valve. Do the same thing if the delta dual shower head not working.
Immediately contact a plumber if the leakage still doesn’t stop.
Note: Always turn off the water valve before working on the shower head.
A Helpful Tutorial You May Need!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I turn on my Delta handheld shower?
To turn on your Delta handheld shower just turn it on clockwise or counterclockwise. There is a button for controlling the pressure of water into slow, fast and full spray massage to full spray. Delta shower head with handheld not working or water trickling means you clicked on the pause button. Just simply click again to resume the water flow.
How do you fix a Delta shower diverter?
You can fix a Delta shower diverter by cleaning thoroughly. However, you have to replace the shower diverter if it’s broken. Firstly, take out the screw at the middle of the knob. Then take off the knob and faceplate to fix the Delta shower diverter. Using your hands, loosen up the old diverter and unscrew it using a deep socket wrench. If the old diverter is broken then directly replace it with the new one.
How do you fix a Delta single handle shower faucet?
To fix a Delta single handle shower faucet replace the rubber washer. Firstly, turn off the shut off valves and close the stopper. Using a 1/8 inch Allen wrench, open up the decorative cover and top of the cap. Using an adjustable wrench slide into the notches turning it counterclockwise. After removing the notch, replace the rubber washer from the cam.
In a nutshell, we hope you can solve shower head suddenly stopped working on its own. Just don’t give up halfway. If the issue seems bigger, it’s better to call a professional plumber.
You Can Also Read:
- [Solved] When Delta shower faucet will not turn off- 5 Reasons to Check Must
- How to Remove Delta Shower Handle: 5 Tutorials in One Read
- Delta Shower Head Pause Button Not Working- Is Replacing the Only Way?
- How to Turn on Shower With One Knob Delta- An Easy Guide